What is the Voice of McDonald’s® (VOM)?
It’s McDonald’s worldwide employee singing contest, showcasing the talents of our crew and managers. Through the international language of music, VOM demonstrates the kind of opportunities McDonald’s provides for our restaurant employees.
Really? McDonald’s runs a singing contest?
Really! This will be our 5th contest: a tradition that began in 2006. Since then, employees have entered by submitting more than 36,000 videos in hopes of winning trips to Orlando, Florida, USA to compete for up to $25,000 and more exciting prizes. One of the ways the competition has grown is through online voting: videos on www.voiceofmcdonalds.com featuring top VOM performers have been seen more than 1.75 million times, and voting by the public has helped to make their dreams come true.
Are talented performers recognized in their own countries?
Yes! In 2011 there were VOM competitions in 70 countries with 30 live events, with winners of those contests competing to be the top four in each of McDonald’s Areas of the World. This year once again, the top 16 VOM contestants (four each from Asia-Pacific/Middle East/Africa, Europe, Latin America and North America) will become Global Semi-Finalists, and eligible to compete in the final rounds at McDonald’s 2014 Worldwide Convention in Orlando.
What has happened for past Voice of McDonald’s Global Finalists?
VOM has played a key role in a number of their musical careers. In Orlando, Global Semi-Finalists train with some of the world’s best professional music coaches, perform for an audience of 15,000, and have opportunities to make connections with top music industry executives, producers and performers. Some have recorded CD’s and sing in venues around the world, including numerous McDonald’s events. Last year’s winner, Australia’s Chrislyn Hamilton, performed with David Foster, Seal, Kelly Clarkson, Keith Urban & Reuben Studdard, recorded a song with LA music producer Ron Fair and a voice part in a DreamWorks animated movie, and appeared on ABC-TV’s top-rated daytime show The View. After VOM, she made it to the Semi-Finals of Australia’s Got Talent and today she continues to work in her McDonald’s restaurant. In her words: "I have been on an incredible journey, I have nothing but absolute happiness in my heart."
- February - June 2013 - Entries open for VOM 5 (check www.voiceofmcdonalds.com for entry dates and contest details in your market)
- June - August 2013 - Entry selection and VOM Country Contests
- August - November 2013 - Area of the World Finalists’ Contests
- November - December 2013 - Announcement of 16 Global Semi-Finalists
- December 2013 – March 2014 - Preparation for Convention, Social Media/Online Promotion
- April 2014 - Global Competition in Orlando, Florida, USA
- This competition is for McDonald’s restaurant employees only (contestants must be employed by McDonald’s or Franchisee organization from date of entry submission through May 1, 2014).
- For complete information and entry instructions see the Official Rules